The HIMSS Analytics EMRAM site visit is the culmination of the many hours you have spent preparing to get your organization to stage 7. In this article we will answer some questions about your presentation to HIMSS Analytics during the visit.
1) How long should the presentation be?
You should plan for a 2-3 hour presentation at the beginning of the visit.
2) How should I organize the presentation?
To begin, you should cover areas such as:
- Hospital/Health System Overview.
- What services do we provide?
- What was our journey to this stage of the HIMSS Analytics EMRAM model?
- What systems/vendors do we use?
An important piece of the presentation should be around governance. How do you make sure that your governance is coming together in a way that the physicians and clinicians have a way to get their enhancements heard and implemented? Governance is also a really big piece that they want to get into during this site survey itself.
The biggest piece of your presentation should be around clinical metrics. The ability to understand how you pull clinical data and business data together. You will want to have at least three case studies and it’s probably going to take you a good hour to go through these case studies. You will also want to discuss HIE capabilities, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Finally, you will want to allow time for questions and answers at the end.
3) Who should participate in the presentation?
It is important to not have the presentation perceived as an IT presentation. As such you should consider including operational leaders, Vice Presidents and the Chief Operating Officer for the health system in the presentation as well as quality leaders, medical directors etc.
4) What are some of the critical success factors?
Here are two:
Governance is important and evidencing the alignment of physicians and operations so that you can show the surveyors that this is not just about IT governance, this is really operational governance and from here on out this is how we run our business.
Analytics driving changes is without question the top priority that the surveyors want to see, both in the presentation and then actually understand how it works when they go out to look at the site(s) themselves.
HCI is the certified consulting partner to the HIMSS Analytics EMRAM Model. We can assist Health Systems across the world with the following services:
- Perform a gap analysis
- Develop presentation and case studies
- Facilitate mock assessments
- Develop and manage the project plan
- Develop tools to assist the organization in managing the requirements and gaps
- Develop future state workflows required to achieve HIMSS Analytics Stage 7
- Develop curriculum and provide training associated with workflow changes
- Organize HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 site visit
Schedule Time to Speak with Our HIMSS Analytics EMRAM Team by Contacting Us Below.