All EHR implementation projects consist of numerous steps. From the initial selection process to the final Go Live “turn-key” event, each step must be handled with the appropriate consideration to have a successful project conclusion. Data conversion is a task that is intertwined throughout the entire implementation process.
The following are the key takeaways from our white paper Data Conversions - Best Practice. (If you are interested, you can download white paper here.)
- What is Data Conversion?
- Resource Selection
- Definable steps for data conversion
- Initial Data Conversion Assessment
- Data Conversion – Test Environment
- Data Conversion – QA Environment
- Preparation for Production Data Conversion
- Data Conversion – Production Environment
- Final Data Import - Data collected after initial data extraction
- Conclusions and recommendations