Is your organization prepared to achieve the HIMSS Analytics EMRAM Stage 7 Award?
Attaining Stage 7 status can be quite the undertaking. With so many factors to consider, less than 5% of hospitals had achieved Stage 7 status by the end of 2016. Here's 7 tips for achieving HIMSS Analytics EMRAM Stage 7 status...
7 Tips for HIMSS EMRAM Stage 7 Preparation
- Operations and clinical leadership are the leaders from day 1. If needed, EMR optimization or workflow redesign for Stage 7 readiness is an IT supported project.
- Regularly communicate benefits of excellence in EMR adoption and the role of Stage 7 criteria as a model for excellence.
- Identify and communicate the WIIFM (what’s in it for me) for key stakeholders – especially if change is needed to fill gaps in alignment to Stage 7 criteria.
- Identify gaps in alignment to Stage 7 criteria early and involve clinical and IT stakeholders in development of a readiness action plan that includes closing identified gaps.
- Conduct a mock survey to prepare staff for the survey process.
- Identify topics for case studies early – 12 months of data is required!
- If a major change has occurred in clinical apps environment, include Stage 6 recertification in readiness efforts
The HCI Group has prepared a case study for you to begin planning for your Stage 7 status efforts. The study focuses on St. Luke’s University Health Network, which successfully achieved Stage 7 status on 7 hospitals, including the first in New Jersey.
- Check out this webinar to learn how Lancaster General Health approached organization-wide engagement in pursuing HIMSS Analytics Stage 7 hospital and ambulatory awards, including specific processes to focus for site preparation and the official evaluation visit.
- The HIMSS Analytics EMRAM site visit is the culmination of the many hours spent preparing to get your organization to stage 7. This HIMSS EMRAM blog post addresses 4 key questions about your site visit presentation.
- Click here for more: HIMSS EMRAM Consulting Services information.
Schedule Time to Speak with Our HIMSS Analytics EMRAM Team by Contacting Us Below.